2023 June 8
The City of Toronto held its sixth annual Toronto Sport Hall of Honour induction ceremony last night at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre to honour 17 new inductees.
City Manager Paul Johnson and General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation, Janie Romoff congratulated inductees for their achievements and contributions to sport excellence in Toronto. The following are this year’s recipients in each of the 11 categories:
- Athletes of the Year: Summer McIntosh and Henoc Muamba
- Special Olympics Athletes of the Year: Tatem Morrison and Jeffrey Campbell
- Para-Athletes of the Year: Claire Buchanan and Shayne Smith
- Builder: Ann Doggett
- Corporate Builder: Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities
- Team of the Year: Toronto Argonauts
- Coach of the Year: Ajay Sharma
- City of Sport Lifetime Achievement: Byron MacDonald
- Sport Legends: Nora Young and Dwayne De Rosario
- Spirit of Sport: Diversity and Inclusion: Katie Heggtveit
- Community Sport Volunteers: Hodan Hussein, Mark Poyser and Wasiq Zia
Photos and bios of this year’s inductees are available on the City’s website.
The Toronto Sport Hall of Honour is a legacy initiative of the City’s Host City Showcase Program from the Toronto 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games.
Nominations for next year’s Toronto Sport Hall of Honour are open until December 31, 2023.