2023 June 30
Starting today, the City of Toronto is officially opening outdoor pools and 90 supervised wading pools for their full summer schedule.
The outdoor pools will be open daily until Sunday, September 3, at 4 p.m., except for 10 that will remain open until Monday, September 4, at 5 p.m. Most of the City’s outdoor pools are open daily from noon to approximately 8 p.m. However, the hours of operation may vary slightly later in the season due to optimal visibility conditions for lifeguards. Those heading to swim should check the hours for specific pools at www.toronto.ca/swim.
The City’s more than 140 splash and spray pads operating across Toronto will be open until Sunday, September 17. Splash pads operate daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and are activated with push-button features. Caregivers are reminded to supervise children as these are unsupervised water-play areas.
Lifeguard supervision at nine City beaches is also available seven days a week from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., with lifeguard supervision beginning tomorrow at a tenth beach. Beachgoers are reminded to swim only in designated areas.
More information on all the City’s outdoor and indoor swim offerings is available at www.toronto.ca/swim. Pools which may be temporarily closed are listed on the Pool Closures and Services Alert webpage.
People visiting the City’s outdoor pools are reminded that:
- Supervision and/or swimming ability requirements are in place for children under 10 years of age.
- Outdoor leisure swimming is free for all ages and reservations are not required.
- Outdoor lane swim is free and open to swimmers seven years of age and older for swimming in continuous lengths or widths.
- Caregivers should supervise children at all times.
- Pool visitors must listen to the on-duty lifeguards.
Media requests to film pools can be accommodated at the following locations:
- Alex Duff Memorial Outdoor Pool, 779 Crawford St.
- McGregor Park Outdoor Pool, 2231 Lawrence Ave. E.
- Monarch Park Outdoor Pool, 115 Felstead Ave.
These designated locations will allow media to film from the pool deck without the need to call in advance. Media access will be permitted at these locations only and media must follow the staff’s instructions at the site.