2023 June 10
On Sunday, June 11, the City of Toronto will hold a ceremony to honour the addition of eight fallen Firefighters’ names to the Memorial Honour Roll.
The service will include remarks and the laying of wreaths by Deputy Mayor Jennifer McKelvie (Scarborough-Rouge Park), Fire Chief Matthew Pegg, members of Toronto Fire Services, representatives of the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters Association, family members and other related associations.
Date: Sunday, June 11
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Toronto Fire Services Station 334, 339 Queens Quay W. at the “Last Alarm” memorial sculpture
Toronto Firefighters, along with their families and friends, gather annually for this ceremony of remembrance. Since 1848, a total of 327 firefighters have died in the line of duty while protecting lives, property and the environment in Toronto. Line of duty deaths include deaths related to illness or incident in the course of firefighting duties.
The following names of the eight Toronto Firefighters will be added (with dates of death) to the Memorial Honour Roll:
- Captain Douglas James Lynn, died on May 15, 2012
- Captain William (Bill) J. Wainwright, died on October 20, 2020
- Firefighter Ralph C. Sparks, died on June 20, 2021
- Firefighter Jason Pal, died on June 10, 2022
- Firefighter Thomas Emmett Todd, died on July 14, 2022
- Captain Bradley Ronald Andrews, died on August 16, 2022
- Captain Norman C. Sinclair, died on October 15, 2022
- District Chief Christian L. Cauchon, died on November 18, 2022